The blog is organized chronologically: The first post assumes you are starting with little or no fitness base and will slowly guide you along. Start in the very beginning by using the Blog Archive on the right and clicking the 2009 posts. Remember, start at the bottom of each page. The first post is called "Doctor's Orders"
I've also mixed in Race Reports and Reviews. If you want, simply skip them and continue with the fitness program. The most recent post is just below here. Cheers!

Instagram: Kona_adventure


Thursday, January 7, 2010

Get creative in your thinking

Instead of finding excuses to get out of exercising, find one to get into your Zone! Think about ways to incorporate your training into your everyday life: bicycle commute to work. You work too far? It's too cold, it's too rainy, etc. Excuses. I had a guy working for me that rode his bike from Fremont to Los Gatos. He'd ride to a train station that took him to San Jose then rode the rest of the way by bike. That's commitment to the task. If you think about it you can make it happen.

I recently injured my IT band (left knee/hip) and have been very concerned about my fitness regimen. So I increased my swimming to compensate. My point is that there are always ways to work in your Zone time. Put yourself in high priority mode. You deserve it! Remember, an hour a day in Zone 2, timer starts once you're in the Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment