The blog is organized chronologically: The first post assumes you are starting with little or no fitness base and will slowly guide you along. Start in the very beginning by using the Blog Archive on the right and clicking the 2009 posts. Remember, start at the bottom of each page. The first post is called "Doctor's Orders"
I've also mixed in Race Reports and Reviews. If you want, simply skip them and continue with the fitness program. The most recent post is just below here. Cheers!

Instagram: Kona_adventure


Monday, January 11, 2010

What motivates you?

Some may find this hard to believe but I don't jump out of bed every morning looking forward to a hard workout. I too would rather stay in my warm bed and sleep until the last minute. Today was especially challenging: It's Monday, it's cold, it was 4:45am when my eyes opened, and I had to swim in an outdoor pool. In the beginning of my weight-loss endeavor, I was motivated because I was losing weight on a daily basis. What motivates me now is the fear of being ill-prepared for an Ironman race.

What motivates you?

Cheers,

-Dave

1 comment:

  1. For me, having someone there that's depending on me motivates me. I haven't yet found that magic bullet that pulls me to work out even when someone else isn't going to be there. The other thing that I find really motivates me to move is a song with a good beat...or dancing music...that I can't seem to stay still to even if I want to.

    ReplyDelete